Chocolate makes the world go round...at least MY world! When I realized that I was lactose intolerant a few years ago, I knew that the dessert I would miss the most would be chocolate mousse - there's nothing quite like the creamy, rich, dark texture of a perfect spoonful. But once I created this recipe for raw vegan chocolate tarts, I knew that I could recreate my favorite dessert with ingredients that worked for my body. Not only are these tarts incredibly delicious and light, but they're also packed with superfoods, including JOYÀ's Cacao Elixir Blend and chocolate bars - win win! Enjoy these at your next summer bbq and watch as you fool the non-vegan into believing they're eating real mousse!
- ¼ cup walnuts
- ¼ cup pecans
- ¼ cup JOYÀ Cacao Elixir Blend
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- coconut oil (for lining the muffin tin)
- 1 bar (1 oz) JOYÀ Chocolate
- ½ cup coconut cream
- bee pollen (*omit to keep recipe vegan)
- coconut flakes
- cacao nibs
- Brush a mini cupcake tin with oil and set aside.
- Blend all of the crust ingredients in a food processor. Use about 1 tablespoon of nut mix and press into the bottom of the tin and up the sides to form a crust.
- Heat the cream and chocolate in a saucepan over low heat. Whisk until the chocolate melts and the mixture thickens (about 3 minutes).
- Pour mixture into crusts (you might have leftover). Store in the freezer overnight.
- When you're ready to eat, add toppings and enjoy!