- Add all ingredients (except toppings) to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth and no chunks remain.
- Pour into glass(es), optionally add toppings and enjoy!
Looking for a delicious way to pack more veggies into your day when you're on the go? Need breakfast ideas that are quick, easy and nutritious, and preferably taste like dessert? Insist that every meal tastes better when it includes chocolate?
If you answered yes to any of the above, then this chocolatey protein-packed smoothie from our friend and Holistic Health Coach Nikki Jahnke has your name on it. Featuring a double dose of cacao from chocolate protein powder and our adaptogenic Cacao Elixir Blend, digestion-supporting papaya and two veggies you probably never thought to add to a smoothie — cauliflower and cucumber — this decadent, power-packed smoothie is perfect for fuelling you through the day, post-workout recovery or anytime nutrient-dense snacking.
PS: Yep, Nikki topped this bad boy with frozen BANANA BREAD CHUNKS :)
- ½ frozen banana
- ½ cup frozen papaya
- 1 cup frozen cauliflower
- handful frozen cucumber
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (vanilla or unflavored protein will work for a less chocolately smoothie)
- 1 tbsp JOYÀ Cacao Elixir Blend
- 1 cup milk of choice
- optional toppings: hemp seeds, cacao nibs, shredded coconut, frozen banana bread chunks (that's right - dig in with a spoon!) or other toppings of your choice