We're big fans of pancakes over here, especially ones that take no time at all to whirl up in a blender. And we also believe that pancake toppings don't have to be the only way you add extra flavor and nutrients to your morning stack. Adding ingredients like our Matcha-Moringa Elixir Blend right into the batter adds adaptogenic, brain-loving, energizing and stress-supporting goodness you wouldn't normally get in your average flapjack. Not only is the nutrient level stacked high in these matcha pancakes, but the color is pretty phenomenal too!
- 1 egg*
- ½ large banana
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt
- optional: ⅛ - ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup rolled or quick-cook oats (or buckwheat or quinoa flakes for grain-free option)
- 1 tbsp JOYÀ Matcha-Moringa Elixir Blend
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup milk of choice (or more, depending on your desired pancake consistency - a thicker batter will yield thicker, taller pancakes)
- coconut oil or other oil of your choice, for brushing the griddle/pan
- topping ideas: maple syrup, honey, date syrup, nut butter, tahini, fruit, hemp seeds, bee pollen, coconut flakes or shredded coconut
*For vegan option, make a flax “egg": in a small bowl, add 1 tbsp ground flax seeds with 2.5 tbsp water and whisk to combine. Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes until it turns into a gel-like consistency.
- If making pancakes one at a time in a pan: preheat the oven to 200F/95C and place inside a large baking sheet with an oven-safe cooling rack placed on top. This will be used to keep the cooked pancakes warm while you make the rest.
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until completely smooth and no visible oat flakes remain. Let the batter sit for 5 minutes. Adjust consistency if needed by adding more liquid and blending again.
- Meanwhile, preheat a griddle or non-stick pan to medium-high.
- Once hot, brush the griddle/pan with a small amount of oil, and add ¼ cup of batter per pancake. Let pancakes cook for about 2 minutes, until the bottoms are golden brown, the edges are set and the tops begin to bubble. Flip pancakes and cook for another 2 minutes on the other side. Transfer pancakes to a rack (or keep warm in the oven) and repeat with remaining batter.
- Top with toppings of your choice and enjoy!