Delicious, nutrient-dense cookies that couldn't be easier to make - just stir, scoop & bake. And super versatile - sub in your favourite nut butter, seeds, fruit and other mix-ins. With no gluten, dairy or refined sugars, these Joyàlicious-approved cookies are the perfect on-the-go breakfast or anytime snack!
- 3/4 cup (60 g) oat flour (or 3/4 cup cassava flour for grain-free option)
- 1/2 cup (42 g) almond flour or almond meal
- 1/2 cup (55 g) rolled oats (or 1/2 cup buckwheat or quinoa flakes for grain-free option)
- 1/2 cup (55 g) pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup (40 g) coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup (28 g) dried unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup (60 g) dried apricots, chopped OR 1/4 cup (32 g) dried cranberries*
- 2 tbsp (15 g) JOYÀ Chocolate, chopped (or the same amount of raw cacao nibs)
- 2 tbsp (17 g) sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp (17 g) sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp (17 g) hemp seeds
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp ground flax
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup (60 g) nut butter**
- 1/4 cup (50 g) virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 cup (80 g) maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- optional for peanut butter version: 2 tsp instant espresso powder
*Be sure to use organic/unsulfured dried fruit. Use apricots if using peanut butter and use cranberries if using almond butter (see "wet" ingredients).
**Make sure nut butter is the drippy kind. If it's not, add another 1 tbsp coconut oil to the wet ingredients. Use peanut butter for peanut-espresso-apricot cookies and almond butter for almond-cranberry cookies.
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl or cup, whisk together the ground flax and water and set aside to gel into a flax "egg".
- In a large bowl, combine all of the "dry" ingredients.
- In a small saucepan over med-low heat, add nut butter and coconut oil and heat until just melted, whisking to combine. Remove from the heat, add remaining "wet" ingredients to the saucepan (including the gelled flax egg) and whisk well to combine.
- Pour wet mixture over the dry ingredients and stir well with a wooden spoon until dough comes together and no dry spots remain.
- Using a large (~4 tbsp) cookie scoop, scoop dough onto the baking sheet, leaving 2 inches between the cookies, and flatten each cookie slightly with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Let cookies cool on the baking sheet for 4 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.