Say hello to your new best friend. The one you're going to want to start the day with (shmeared on toast), and wind down at night with (blended into frothy hot milk). The one who will pump you up before a workout when you have no juice (maybe drizzled on a banana), and be there for you when you're in sweats under a blanket after a break-up (probably with a spoon).
Meet Bliss Butter: the nutty, cocoa-y, decadent, perfectly sweet, superfood nut butter that's going to make you wonder how Nutella ever became a thing. No refined sugar, emulsifiers or junk of any kind. 100% indulgent bliss. One of the many ways our Cacao Elixir Blend brings us everyday joy.
- 1 cup (135 g) blanched hazelnuts*
- ½ cup (70 g) whole raw almonds
- ½ cup (60 g) raw pecans
- 2 tbsp (30 g) coconut butter
- 3 tbsp (24 g) JOYÀ Cacao Elixir Blend
- 3 tbsp (26 g) coconut sugar**
- ¼ tsp Himalayan or sea salt
*If you can't find blanched hazelnuts, toast skin-on hazelnuts separately from the other nuts, wrap in a clean dish towel while still warm, and rub together in the towel to remove skins.
**To achieve the smoothest, silkiest nut butter, pulverize coconut sugar in a spice grinder (or mortar & pestle) until it becomes the powdery consistency of icing sugar.
- Preheat oven to 325F/165C. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add all nuts to the baking sheet and toast in the oven for 10 minutes, until aromatic and just beginning to brown. Set aside to cool.
- Add cooled nuts to the bowl of a food processor and blend until the mixture starts to get smooth. Pause blending to scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Once smooth, add remaining ingredients and continue to blend until butter is ultra smooth and runny. Depending on the strength of your food processor, this can take 5-10 minutes. Patience is key!
- Transfer butter to a glass jars or other airtight container. Store in the fridge for ultimate freshness (butter will solidify) or at room temperature to retain runny consistency. Being a natural butter with no emulsifiers, the oils will separate over time - simply give it a stir before use.