Like a dose of sunshine on even the cloudiest fall days, we have a soft spot for steamy turmeric lattes this time of year. You with us? Now you can elevate those lattes to elixir status with JOYÀ Turmeric Elixir Blend. The ingredient list for this creamy, dreamy, golden milk elixir is short thanks to a flavourful blend of herbs and warming spices. What’s not short? The list of benefits for body and mind fuelled by Turmeric Elixir's potent and adaptogenic herbs.
Get creative with this easy-to-prepare elixir! We love using tahini because its rich nuttiness perfectly compliments the earthiness of turmeric — but feel free to swap it out and experiment with other nut or seed butters and milks. Want to incorporate the best antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties into your morning caffeine kick? Turn the antioxidant power of your coffee up a notch and sub it into this recipe (we suggest using high quality, freshly ground beans) to create a buzzy beauty brew!
You’ll achieve elixir heaven by simply blending Turmeric Elixir with your choice of liquid and nut or seed butter (fat helps the body absorb turmeric’s potent nutrients), but we’ve gone ahead and suggested a couple optional add-ins to elevate it even more. One of our favourites is collagen. As the most abundant protein in our bodies, it helps to nourish and support our muscles, bones, skin, blood vessels, digestive system and tendons. It’s a phenomenal protein boost that gives this latte an extra creamy finish.
- 1 tablespoon JOYÀ Turmeric Elixir Blend
- 300 mL (1 ¼ cups, 10 oz) boiling water
- ½ – 1 tablespoon tahini
- ½ – 1 tablespoon coconut butter*
- Optional, for protein boost: 1 – 2 tablespoons collagen powder**
- Optional, to sweeten: raw honey or soft Medjool dates (pitted), to taste***
- Optional, for extra frothiness: ½ – 1 teaspoon MCT oil or virgin coconut oil
- Optional, for garnish and superfood boost: bee pollen
*Alternatively sub ½ cup of the boiling water with heated full fat coconut milk
***Use dates to keep recipe vegan
- In an upright blender, combine all ingredients except collagen powder (if using). Slowly bring the speed up to high and blend until elixir is completely smooth and frothy, about 1 minute. Taste and add sweetener as needed, add collagen and blend for an additional 5 seconds to incorporate.
- Enjoy immediately!