- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Lightly brush an 8” x 8” baking pan with coconut oil and line the pan with 2 strips of parchment paper, one in each direction, leaving an overhang on all sides. Set aside.
- Add all ingredients (except for the chopped chocolate, if using) to a high-speed blender jar (or bowl of a food processor) and blend until batter is well combined and smooth.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking pan, tilting the pan in all directions to distribute and ensure that it spreads to all corners. If using chopped chocolate, sprinkle it evenly over the top of the batter and then using a spoon, swirl it into the batter so that some of the chunks sink in.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until a knife or toothpick inserted into the center comes out with moist crumbs attached, but not with runny batter. Do not over-bake as the brownies will continue to set while cooling in the pan.
Imagine a moist, decadent, rich chocolate brownie that takes less than 5 minutes to prep (plus baking time that makes your home smell like the neighbourhood bakery). Imagine it's also free of dairy, refined sugar and grains. Sounds impossible, we know. But it's not a dream.
The batter for tese super-indulgent yet nourishing brownies use pantry staples (we keep a few cans of sweet potato puree on hand at all times for when the craving hits), gets quickly zapped in th blender, and delivers a double dose of JOYÀ chocolate with our Bliss cacao elixir and 70% Dark or Coconut Milk Chocolate. You are very, very welcome.
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup (80 g) raw honey*
- ½ cup (120 g) sweet potato puree (canned or homemade)**
- ½ cup (120 g) tahini (runny)*** (or other runny nut butter of your choice)
- ¼ cup (26 g) JOYÀ Bliss cacao elixir OR raw cacao powder (or any combination of both)
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- optional: 1 bar (30 g/1 oz) JOYÀ 70% Dark chocolate or Coconut Milk chocolate, chopped
*These brownies are only mildly sweet. If you prefer your brownies on the moderately to very sweet side, add up to 2 tbsp honey or up to 4 tbsp coconut sugar.
**To make homemade puree, puree/blend baked sweet potato.
***Middle Eastern tahini (Israel, Lebanon) is generally runny. (We’re partial to Soom tahini!)