- Line a loaf pan (about 9” x 5”) with parchment paper in both directions. Set aside.
- Add all of the ingredients to the bowl of a food processor, starting with a very small pinch of salt. Process until completely smooth and creamy. Taste, and add a bit more salt if needed.
- If using walnuts, transfer the mixture to a bowl and mix in the walnuts, using your hands to get the pieces incorporated.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared loaf pan, spread and pat it down evenly.
- Freeze for about 15 minutes, until very firm to the touch. Cut into squares and store in the fridge or freezer.
This rich, naturally sweetened, real food fudge is the perfect treat to have on hand for an after dinner sweet or anytime snack. It’s packed with healthy fats from nuts and coconut butter, gets a hint of molasses-like sweetness from mineral-rich date syrup, and features our very own adaptogenic, mood and calm promoting Cacao Elixir Blend. And it’s super easy to make. You’ll be savoring your first bite in about 30 minutes, including freezing time.
This melt-in-your-mouth (literally!) fudge softens at room temperature, so make sure to store the cut up squares in the freezer or fridge - if they last!
- ½ cup melted coconut butter (or replace up to ¼ cup with melted cacao butter)
- ¼ cup nut butter of your choice
- 5 Tbsp JOYÀ Cacao Elixir Blend
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 ½ tbsp date syrup (or 3 pitted Medjool dates)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- a pinch sea salt, to taste
- optional: ⅓ cup walnuts, coarsely chopped